Diamondback Atroz Review 
Mountain biking can be an exhilarating activity to participate in if you have a passion for outdoor exploration. Mountain biking is considered to be one of the most dangerous sporting activities in existence due to the various factors you have to endure while traversing different terrains.
That’s largely why many mountain bikers spend tons of time practicing and training before competitions and tournaments, to ensure that they follow all proper riding procedures in order to avoid serious injury or worse. To some people, mountain biking is a sport and a way of life, to others, mountain biking is simply a fun hobby to enjoy in their spare time.
Regardless of where you fall on this spectrum, if you participate in the activity of mountain biking, you need a reliable mountain bike designed to give you the ability to perform at the level you need to reach. There are a lot of high-quality mountain bikes available on the market however not all of them meet the expectations you would expect.
When it comes to purchasing the right mountain bike, there are a few key features that you should look for so that you can avoid buying a subpar bike that won’t last more than a year. One of the most important features your mountain bike should have is a strong full suspensio mountain bike.
Mountain bikers encounter a variety of treacherous terrains on a regular basis which can put a strain on your bike’s suspension system. Mountain bikes are specially designed with unique suspension systems that allow you to absorb the shock of hard drops or consistent riding over rough landscapes.
You also need to make sure that your mountain bike has tires with a high resistance rating. There are many factors such as rocks, loose gravel, sharp debris, and more which can puncture your bike’s tires if they are not crafted to withstand this kind of abuse.
By making sure that your mountain bike has tires which are capable of coming in contact with vicious roads without being punctured, you are protecting yourself from the possibility of serious injury or damage to your mountain bike. Mountain bikes often times come with air suspension features which work very similar to how car suspension and shock absorbers operate.
Instead of the bike’s aluminum frame absorbing much of the impact, the shock is mediated through integrated airbags which reduce the raw impact of ground contact and rough riding conditions significantly. There are a lot of other important features that every serious mountain biker should consider when purchasing a new bike. In this guide, we’re going to go over some of the most important mountain bike features that every mountain bike should have in order to be considered a durable and long-lasting piece of equipment.
We’ll cover things such as price, build quality, ease of use, and a lot more so that you can make the right purchase decision when it comes to the perfect mountain bike you’ve been wanting. Make sure you pay attention to all of the information listed in this guide so that you can sift through all of the mountain bikes that don’t meet your needs and get to ones that do in no time.
One of the most popular mountain bike brands is Diamondback, Diamondback produces a wide range of mountain bike models all designed to meet the specific riding needs of mountain biking enthusiasts everywhere. Let’s take a look at Diamondback bikes to see why they are one of the major and most trusted manufacturers of mountain bikes worldwide.
About the Company: Diamondback
Diamondback was created in 1977 by Western States Imports located in Newbury Park, California and was originally a BMX bike company. When Western States Imports started Diamondback, they were doing business under the company name “Centurion” which also produced and manufactured different bicycle models. Interestingly enough, before the company did business under either of the two previously mentioned names, they originally called the company “Diamond Back” which is similar to the name today.
The company eventually changed its name to “DiamondBack” before settling on the final name which is the “Diamondback” that everyone knows and loves today. In 1990, the company Western States Imports started selling their premium line of road bikes and mountain bikes under the name Diamondback and stuck with that name ever since.
Diamondback has been sponsoring professional bike riders since 1979 which is why the company is well respected across the sport and industry as a whole. In 1993, Diamondback began producing mountain bikes with its DBR (Diamondback Racing) division and has sponsored many professionals riders since then.
In 1999, the Derby Cycle Corporation purchased Diamondback Bicycles and they also owned the Raleigh Bicycle Company which would eventually merge with Diamondback. The Derby Cycle Corporation sold the Raleigh Bicycle Company and Diamondback in 2001 and both companies are currently owned by the same entity.
Diamondback has established lasting relationships with top mountain biking advocacy groups and alliances throughout the industry. The company is partnered with the Cascade Bicycle Club, Bikes Belong, Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance, and the International Mountain Bike Association. Diamondback also produces its’ own line of fitness equipment including things like indoor cycles, recumbents, ellipticals, and uprights.
In 2016, Diamondback released its own trail bike platform named the release to help rider sharpen their skills. The company also recently developed it’s first patent-pending suspension system named Level Link which uses dual counter-rotating links to provide sustained riding comfort.
The Diamondback Brand
Diamondback has a long history of producing premium mountain bikes and BMX bikes that true riders everywhere love. Diamondback manufactures a wide array of mountain bike configurations designed to assist riders of all skill levels and ages. Diamondback offers high-quality mountain bikes for men, women, and children so everyone can enjoy their favorite sport with premium grade protection and performance.
Diamondback makes it easy for you to stay in motion by offering parts for your bikes right on their website so you can make any repairs or adjustments without a problem. Diamondback also produces an array of biking accessories to make all of your journeys that much easier while out in the wild. Diamondback’s accessory line consists of products like locks, pumps, baskets, racks, bags, tools, and more. The company also offers protective gear like knee guards and elbow guards to ensure your safety when riding. Diamondback also offers helmets and shoes to protect riders when they are out on the trails.
Diamondback Atrox Review Guide
All three of these models put an emphasis on maximum durability and performance while biking. Let’s take a look at all three Diamondback Atroz models in order to help you find the right mountain bike for your riding enjoyment. We’re going to give you detailed specs about each bike so that you can choose the one which has all of the vital features and components that you need.
Atroz 1 Review
The Atroz 1 was designed with a bullet-proof full suspension system that can take on virtually anything you can throw at it. The Atroz 1 was built to provide riders with an affordable mountain bike option that deliver premium performance and durability. The Atroz 1 definitely delivers on this promise by offering a top of the line shock system and variable sizing options to ensure that you get the perfect fit. The Atroz 1 features an entire configuration built to withstand tough riding conditions and consistent abuse over time.
The Atroz 1 comes with 14g stainless steel spokes that provide maximum support for weight classes of all sizes. The Atroz 1 also features DB4l Alloy Platform pedals so that you never slip or miss the opportunity to gain momentum where it counts. The Atroz 1 features a sealed cartridge bottom bracket that protects your bike from incurring damage due to coming in contact with sharp objects or abrasive debris while out on trails or any other biking terrain.
The Atroz 1 also has a DB Sync’r Saddle seat that provides ultimate support and maximum comfort for riders of all shapes and sizes. The Atroz 1 features an 8-speed KMC Z51 chain that is responsive and durable so you won’t have to worry about the chain snapping or breaking while putting it under stressful activity conditions.
This Diamondback Atroz bikefeatures Tektro Aries Mechanical Disc brakes that have 190mm front and 160mm rear rotors (and rear derailleur) for ultimate stopping power. The Atroz 1 comes with new DB flanged 135mm Silicone grips so you can maintain tight control over your bike regardless of the conditions. When you purchase the Atroz 1, it comes with an assembly guide, tool kit, and owner’s manual so that you’ll be able to start riding without hesitation the moment you unpack your new bike.
The Atroz 1 features an Alloy Micro Adjust 30.9mm seat post so you can maintain a comfortable balance while riding. The Atroz 1 is packed with tons of features that will help you sustain long riding times without having to worry about injury or damage occurring to your bicycle. It’s fully functional design and innovative technology make the Atroz 1 stand out amongst other mountain bikes in the same category.
Atroz 1: Technical Specifications of the Atroz Mountain Bike (Version 1)
- Shimano Alivio M410 E-Type front detailer that provides traction support and stability while riding for versatile performance.
- Shimano Acera M310 8-speed rear detailer so that you have the power over how to ride your bike.
- 32h Diamondback SL-27.5 Double wall rims that provide lasting support and a nice premium look to the overall finish.
- Tektro 2 finger alloy linear brake levers w/ reach adjust capability so that you can customize your bikes braking power to your exact needs.
- SR Suntour XCC 42/32/22T cranks which allow you to modify the rate and amount of force being applied by your bike while riding.
- 27.5 x 2.1 H-5161 HORNET tires for maximum grip support and an even riding experience that distributes impact evenly.
- Kindshock Coil Shock 184x44mm rear shock absorbers which help you avoid damaging your bike or causing serious injury when dealing with harsh terrains or trails.
- SR Suntour XCM 120mm Travel 30mm Stanchions suspension fork w/ Preload Adjust so that you can intricately tweak and configure your bike to the perfect riding mode for you.
- 32h Alloy w/ CNC Disc Mount front hub so that your front tires remain stable at all times
- 32h Alloy Cassette w/ CNC Disc Mount rear hub that protects your rear tires from becoming unaligned or wobbly
- The front alloy aluminum frame of the Atroz 1 features the Atroz 6061 T-6 Aluminum 27.5 Trail w/ 4” travel for maximum support when riding
- The frame of the Atroz 1 also features an optimized single pivot and machine formed a top tube that is very durable and resilient regardless of weight and positioning
- The Atroz 1 frame also features a formed down tube and sealed cartridge bearing pivot that aids in maintaining stability and performance on all types of terrains and territories
- The Atroz 1 frame features aggressive geometry that adapts to virtually any conditions or terrains imaginable
- The Atroz 1 frame also features a replaceable hanger so you can make adjustments to the bike as you grow with it
Pros & Cons: Atroz 1
- Durable framing support and variable wheel size so that everyone can get the perfect fit
- Silicone grips that provide tight control dynamics over every aspect of how the bike moves while riding
- Comes with an assembly guide and tool kit so that you can easily put your bike together and begin using it as soon as it arrives at your door
- Diamondback DB Sync’r Saddle seat that adapts to your body as you ride the bike for maximum comfort
- Stainless steel spokes that ensure your bike remains firm and solid regardless of the amount of abuse that it takes over time
- 8-speed chain that allows you to adjust your riding style anytime
- Complex rear shock system that helps you absorb those hard bumps while riding on the trails or any other rough terrain
- A minimal design that leaves out a few key elements in terms of rider customization
- Only 3 size options available so some people may not find the right fit
Where to Buy the Atroz 1: You can find the latest Atroz 1 directly via Diamondback here.
Atroz 2 Review
The Atroz 2 was designed to give riders the ability to simply smash through any obstacles on their path. The Atroz 2 features a full support suspension system that uses a single pivot frame to deliver ultimate control and comfort while riding. The Atroz 2 comes with sealed cartridge bearings that deliver uninterrupted motion and fluidity even in the roughest of terrains. The Atroz 2 uses a core-driven architecture which puts a focus on cost-savings and performance reliability.
Due to its well thought out design framework, the Atroz 2 is able to deliver performance that rivals bikes with much bigger sizes and builds components included. The Atroz 2 uses a Shimano hydraulic disc brake system (hydraulic brakes) which is very adaptive and responsive when it comes to maneuvering through various spaces and landscapes. The Atroz 2 also features a Suntour air-sprung rear suspension system that keeps you balanced regardless of how rough or rocky your trail is. The Atroz 2 also comes equipped with a single-ring drivetrain that makes controlling the bike’s speed and power very easy. The Atroz 2 comes equipped with a lot of features that you would find on much more expensive bikes which makes it a great deal for the amount of money that it costs.
The Atroz 2 features a DB Sync’r Saddle seat that provides maximum comfort and support for riders while traversing a wide array of terrains and territories. The Atroz 2 also comes with Alloy Arm w/ 30T steel narrow wide single ring cranks that provides the bike’s mechanical functionality. The Atroz 2 features a 9-speed KMC Z99 chain that makes it easy to adjust the speed and rate at which you’re traveling while riding the bike.
The Atroz 2 also comes with an SR Suntour Raidon-R Air Shock rear shock system that has rebound adjust and a 184x44mm rating. The Atroz 2 has a Full ISCG-05 Chain Guide w/roller front derailleur that provides ultimate stability for riders who encounter various obstacles on trails or other terrains. The Atroz 2 comes with VEE Rubber Flow Snap 27.5×2.35 tires that can withstand a high amount of abuse and impact without giving out or falling victim to being punctured. The Atroz 2 is a fully capable bike that has a lot to offer at a very reasonable price point making it the perfect option for riders in all categories.
Atroz 2: Technical Specifications
- Alloy micro adjust 30.9mm seat post that gives you ultimate comfort regardless of your size or weight
- DB4L Alloy Platform pedals that provide tight traction and control on a variety of different terrains and trails.
- 14g stainless steel spokes that support the bike’s entire frame weight to give you sustained stability while riding
- 32H DDM-5 27.5 Double Wall rims that give the bike an astonishing look and added functionality
- Shimano MT200 Hydraulic Disc w 180mm front and rear rotor braking system that gives you total control over when and how you stop
- DB flanged 135mm silicone grips so you can control where your bikes go at all times
- Formula hubs 32h Alloy w/ CNC disc mount front hub for maximum support and functionality regardless of how rough your terrain is
- 9-speed KMC Z99 chain that provides a versatile riding experience under different conditions
- VEE Rubber flow snap 27.5×2.35 tires so that you can slice through roots and rocks without any issues
- SR Suntour XCM 120mm travel 30mm Stanchions w/ preload adjust fork so that you can remain level at all times while riding
- Atroz 6061 T-6 Aluminum 27.5 Trail w/4” travel optimized single pivot frame that allows you to maneuver through a variety of terrains and trails without any problems
- Tapered steerer machine formed top tube framing that provides maximum durability and reliance against wear and tear
- Butted formed down tube that adds an extra layer of support for you while riding
- Sealed cartridge bearing pivot and seat tube routed for internal dropper post so that you can optimize your bike to your exact riding needs
- Aggressive geometry and replaceable hanger so that you’re never stuck with dull maneuverability or performance standards
Pros & Cons: Atroz 2
- Enhanced frame design that provides maximum support and durability in a variety of conditions and terrains
- Stainless steel spokes that provide ultimate resilience against malfunctions under high-performance situations
- VEE rubber flow tires that allow you to keep riding in the midst of sharp debris or rocks without worrying about your tires being punctured
- A powerful rear-shock system that absorbs bumps and hits very easily so you don’t have to worry about injuries while riding
- Hydraulic brake levers which make it easy to perform adaptive braking actions while riding
- Sealed cartridge bottom bracket that gives your bike more durability against damage
- DB4L platform pedals that make controlling the bike very easy and responsive
- Lacks structural add-on support that you would find in bikes with higher ratings
- Minor design flaws add potential vulnerability to the bike’s overall functionality
Where to Buy the Atroz 2: Go directly online to the Diamondback listing here.
Atroz 3 Review
The Atroz 3 was built to be a comprehensive mountain bike that is packed with tons of functionality. The Atroz 3 features a design scheme that encompasses all of the most important aspects you need in a reliable mountain bike. The Atroz 3 uses a refined single pivot full suspension system that provides maximum support for all riders regardless of the terrain. The Atroz 3 features a five-inch travel Recon RL air=sprung fork with 32mm stanchions that combine into a quick release thru-axle for ultimate versatility when riding.
The Atroz 3 features an SRAM NX 11-speed drivetrain that provides a broad range of motion for riders who are serious about putting their bike to the test. The Atroz 3 also features Shimano hydraulic disc brakes that give you the ability to stop in an instance for further safety and control over the way you ride your bike. The Atroz 3 also comes with a DB Sync Saddle seat that gives you sustained comfort on long and stressful rides. The Atroz 3 is outfitted with a Raceface Chester 780mm Wide 35 Bar Bore handlebar that allows you to maintain balance in uneven conditions.
The Atroz 3 is equipped with Shimano MT200 Hydraulic Disc brakes that come with 180mm front and rear rotors. The Atroz 3 also features a Shimano MT200 hydraulic brake lever that gives you the ability to enact powerful stoppages anytime you need to. The Atroz 3 is packed with a SRAM NX 11-speed X-Actuation Trigger that takes the functionality and versatility of this bike to an entirely new level.
The Atroz 3 also has a MKC X11EL 11-speed chain and a SRAM PG1130 11-speed 11-42T cogset so that you have the power of adaptability and performance on your side always. The Atroz 3 features 14g Stainless Steel spokes that give you full performance freedom and reliability in addition to extra support. The Atroz 3 features a Race face outboard bearing bottom bracket that helps you avoid major damage or injury while riding.
The Atroz 3 has 32H DDM-5 27.5 Double wall rims that add a nice aesthetic touch to the bike’s overall appearance. The Atroz 3 is the perfect bike for serious riders who are ready to take their game to the next level.
Atroz 3: Technical Specifications
- Atroz 6061 T-6 Aluminum 27.5 Trail w/ 4” travel optimized single pivot framing system that adds maximum support and sustainability to the bike
- Tapered Steerer machine formed a top tube and formed down tube for maximum performance durability
- Sealed cartridge bearing pivot that ensures you’re always in motion regardless of how rocky the terrain is
- Rock Shox Monarch R Air Shock w/ rebound adjust rear shock system for maximum shock absorption and continued comfort even on extremely rocky terrains
- The raceface outboard bearing bottom bracket that gives you extra resistance against damage
- 11-speed KMC X11EL chain for ultimate versatility and performance handling on a consistent basis
- 14g stainless steel spokes that give the bike added support and durability
- 32H DDM-5 27.5 Double wall rims that give the bike a nice overall aesthetic appeal
- Shimano MT200 Hydraulic brake levers that make it easy to stop instantly without lag
- Shimano MT200 Hydraulic Disc brakes with 180mm front and rear rotors for added braking power and stability
- DB Flanged Lock-on 135mm silicone grips that give you more control over where your bike goes
- Raceface effect Cinch w/ steel 30T narrow wide cranks for ease of use and maximum versatility
- RockShox Recon RL Solo Air 130mm Travel 32mm Stanchions 15mm Thru-Axle Tapered Steerer Tube fork that has rebound and lock-out adjust for added versatility and functionality
- Aggressive geometry frame design that ensures you have support at all of the most complex angles
- Replaceable hanger for added customization and personalization so you can make the bike just right for your needs
- Formula Hub 32h Alloy Boost 142x12mm thru-axle 4 sealed cartridge bearings cassette w/ CNC disc mounted rear hubs so that you can maintain safe riding conditions regardless of the environment
Pros & Cons: Atroz 3
- Premium framing design that gives you maximum support and durability on a wide range of different terrains and trails
- Formula hub front and rear hubs that give the bike more accuracy and performance capabilities
- Aggressive geometry which gives you the ability to take on rough terrains and trails without a problem
- 11-speed KMC chain which adds ultimate versatility to the bike
- Rockshox Air shock rear shock system that takes the brunt of most impact without transferring the residual shock to the rider
- Rockshox recon RL Solo Air fork that gives you ultimate leverage and comfort while riding in a variety of environment and terrains
- Silicone grips that provide maximum control over how you maneuverer your bike
- Doublewall 32H DDM rims that give the bike an aesthetically appealing look
- Advanced functionality that may be hard for the average rider to figure out
- Expensive parts which require intense labor for replacement or repair
Where to Buy the Atroz 3: The best method is to order directly via this Diamondback listing here.
Questions & Answers
What is Standard Home Delivery?
Bikes ship from the Diamondback warehouse within one business day on purchases before 3 pm EST. Arrival is usually 2-6 business days from purchase, based upon the delivery method selected. Assemble yourself! Signature for delivery is required.
What are my delivery options when buying a bike and accessories?
Diamondback offers three options for delivery. Standard home delivery, pick up at a local participating bike shop, and Beeline Bikes mobile bicycle delivery service. Not all options are available for all zip codes and purchase types. Accessory-only purchases are only available for standard home delivery.
How does Pickup at Your Local Bike Shop work?
If a participating bike shop is available for your zip code and purchase type, bike shops will appear as a selection at checkout. The bike is shipped ground to the bike shop. Allow 4-7 business days after arrival for bike assembly. Some fees may apply for accessory installation.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Diamondback accepts all major credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. We also accept PayPal, Amazon Pay, and Affirm for monthly payments.
How long will it take me to get my money back for a return?
Please expect 2-3 weeks.
My bike did not come with a kickstand, why not?
The majority of bikes do not come with kickstands as some frame materials or styles may not be able to accept a kickstand. Your local bike shop may also be able to help out. If your bike comes with a kickstand, it will be listed under the Specs tab for your bike model as an accessory.
Where can I buy replacement parts for my bike?
Diamondback only sells complete bikes and accessories, yet many replacement parts are not OEM-specific to Diamondback and can be directly purchased at a local bike shop; if you have questions about compatibility, contact the Diamondback customer support team.
Diamondback Atroz Alternatives | Diamondback Atroz Comp
With 3 models to choose from, you the best bet is to selection between the Atroz 1, Atroz 2, or Atroz 3. But, there are a few other bikes in a similar class worth checking out:
Final Word on the Diamondback Atroz
Diamondback mountain bikes are a great choice for those riders who are serious about maintaining their performance standards or training to improve on a regular basis. The Atroz line of bikes from Diamondback is designed to provide riders of all skill levels with a durable, versatile, and long-lasting bike that you can count on for years to come.
Diamondback also produces an array of biking accessories to make all of your journeys that much easier while out in the wild. Diamondback’s accessory line consists of products like locks, pumps, baskets, racks, bags, tools, and more.
The company also offers protective gear like knee guards and elbow guards to ensure your safety when riding. Diamondback also offers helmets and shoes to protect riders when they are out on the trails. Diamondback bikes incorporate high-quality materials and unique engineering standards which allow their bikes to perform at a rate far past competing brands on the market. Diamondback offers an array of premium bikes that are perfect for women, men, and kids alike who want to experience the freedom of mountain biking.
When it comes to purchasing the right mountain bike, there are a few key features that you should look for so that you can avoid buying a subpar bike that won’t last more than a year. One of the most important features your mountain bike should have is a strong suspension design. Diamondback bikes are loaded with unique suspension systems that are designed to absorb maximum amounts of shock without transferring the direct energy onto the rider.
Mountain bikers encounter a variety of treacherous terrains on a regular basis which can put a strain on your bike’s suspension system. With Diamondback bikes, you never have to worry about issues like this again thanks to their patented shock absorption technology and premium tires that allow you to come in contact with sharp debris and other objects without encountering any issues.
Diamondback bikes were made for those people who just want to rip through some dirt and get dirt in the process without having to constantly change bike parts or worry about possible injury. Diamondback mountain bikes are specially designed with unique suspension systems that allow you to absorb the shock of hard drops or consistent riding over rough landscapes.
If you’re ready to experience mountain biking live you’ve never seen before, Diamondback bikes provide the perfect platform for you to express your inner daredevil. Diamondback offers a wide array of biking accessories and safety gear also so that you can be completely covered every time you hit the tracks or any terrain you’re encountering.
Diamondback bikes are the epitome of durability, resilience, and longevity which is why many professional riders trust the company until this very day. Go online and do some research about Diamondback mountain bikes to choose the perfect fit for your active biking needs, there are a lot of great options to choose from and you’ll surely be able to find the right one for you.
Bottom Line: The Diamondback Atroz line is an EXCELLENT entry to mid point mountain bike, with consistently high ratings and top notch customer support direct from Diamondback. ALL of the Atroz bikes qualify for FREE SHIPPING here as well.